This could also be an end of health class evaluation where your students take a good look at themselves.
I like to begin class with a Q/A. A Q/A is a question or an idea to be explored. Here are examples:
1. The best kind of friend is the comfortable kind—the no-fuss, be yourself, take you at face value kind—the listen to you, laugh with you, celebrate the small stuff with you and help you keep things in perspective kind. Are you this kind of friend ?
Do you have this kind of friend? YES NO Explain
2. Advice to teens: Be willing to mop. A mop, isn’t a magical for success. Rather, it is a reminder that there should be no task considered beneath you. Doing work that feels beneath you always pays off in the end. Managers notice. They also see people with a sense of entitlement who do not volunteer for those necessary tasks. A task once considered beneath you could actually be the key to your success. Do the job nobody wants, because, believe it or not, somebody notices and appreciates it. It also signals a work ethic showing a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty when the job requires it.
Are you willing to mop? YES NO Why?
3. 10 Things that take ZERO Talent, but will get you 100% respect–
1. Being on time
2. Work Ethic
4. Body Language
8. Being coachable
9. Doing Extra
10. Being Prepared
Evaluate yourself in terms of 1-10. What do you need to work on?
4. Always be bigger than the person throwing MUD.
People may never say anything but they will remember what they saw—— who was big, who was small and why.
Are you BIG or are you SMALL? Explain
5. Our generation is becoming so busy trying to prove that women can do what men can do that women are losing their uniqueness.
Women were not created to do everything a man can do.
Women were created to do everything a man can not do.
What are things woman can do that men can not? Go ahead be politically incorrect or offensive.
6. Self-consciousness gives rise to social comparison.
Social comparison gives rise to suffering.
Suffering can drive self-improvement and elevation or give rise to envy, jealousy, anger and a downward spiral of destructive behavior.
We all get our opportunity to suffer. What is the wise choice? Self-improvement and elevation or envy, jealousy, anger…. EXPLAIN.
7. Being happy is a purposeful decision we make. Being happy is our responsibility. It’s not the responsibility of our parents, friends, family or God. God commands us to be happy regardless of circumstance (Deuteronomy 16:15).
Happiness can be a difficult choice. What makes you happy?
Are you Happy? YES NO EXPLAIN
Something to think about https://thehealthymindcurriculum.com/q-a-you-should-act-happy-even-when-you-are-not/
TRUE or FALSE EXPLAIN I know it’s difficult.