There are no do overs in life. You can’t take anything back, and you can’t undo anything. All of your choices have consequences, and the things you say and do today will have a lasting impact on the rest of your life. You have to understand that, and you have to be aware of it while making your choices. One of the most important lessons of life is that almost everything important is a choice.
Attitude is a Choice.
Happiness is a Choice.
Optimism is a Choice.
Kindness is a Choice.
Giving is a Choice.
Respect is a Choice.
Whatever Choice You Make, Makes You! So, choose wisely. People are watching, they may never say anything, but they are making decisions about you based on your attitude, level of happiness and optimism, kindness, generosity, and respect extended to others.
- This a meaning less cliché. It won’t motivate me to be any different Than I am right now because…….
2. This is a wake up moment because……..
Attitude, happiness, optimism, kindness, giving and respect are all virtues. They require not only an effort, but an awareness of what and whom a person regards as important. Demonstrating virtue is a very unselfish choice. It requires being other oriented as opposed to being all about me because I am the center of the universe.
Student activity — This is me now as a teenager.
• my attitude toward some peers, teachers, parents is . . . . . .? fill in the blank
• my level of happiness and who I extend it to?
To whom am:
• I kind to and who do I ignore or don’t bother with?
• I generous to. What am I willing to give to others?
• I respectful to and the reasons why? Who do I dismiss and why?
Being human we think our current choices are reasonable. But life is lived forward and understood backward. In terms of your daily choices, what do people see when they observe you? After observing you for one week would someone offer you an opportunity like a summer scholarship to Duke University for ______________? fill in the blank
Definitely yes, because
Probably Not, because